- Start on the front page of the article.
- Read the surface text of the page; this
will familiarize you with
the entire ideas represented on that page.
- Identify the hypertext link which
is marked with .
Call this link the "path link."
- Follow the path link to another page of the
- Repeat steps 2, 3, and 4 until you will reach the end of the article and the symbol, . You might stray off the path, but just use the back function of your browser to return to the page with your current path link.
These path links are not intended to constrain the choices for encountering information we hope our articles give you; rather, these path links give you cues to completely "tour" an article.