Edited by John December
The Milwaukee Streetcar Map
Direct link: tiny.cc/mkesc
You can "Fly" over the streetcar route with Google Earth. You can set up my Streetcar map in Google Earth and view the route with a 3D representation of buildings and landscape.
- Go to my map at tiny.cc/mkesc and select from the "3 dot" menu to the right of the title to "Export to KML/KMZ."
- Save that KML file to your computer: Save entire map to a KML file.
- Open that KML file using Google Earth (download Google Earth for free at google.com/earth).
- Then, using Google Earth, zoom in (do no enter street view) and angle your view to "fly" over the route. Red (south and westbound), blue (north and eastbound), and green (lakefront) lines indicate the route.
- As I update the map periodically, go back to check at tiny.cc/mkesc and get a fresh KML file.