- M.S., Communication and Rhetoric, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, New York (1998): Coursework covered human communication theory and online communication
- M.S., Computer Science, University of Wisconsin--Milwaukee, Milwaukee, Wisconsin (1991): Thesis--A C++ Computer-Aided Software Engineering Tool
- M.F.A., Creative Writing, Wichita State University, Wichita, Kansas (1989): Thesis--manuscript of poetry, Letters from the Interior
- B.S., Mathematics, Michigan Technological University, Houghton, Michigan (1985)
- President, December Communications, Inc. (1995 to present): Operate a World Wide Web publishing company (december.com); plan, design, implement, analyze, and promote online publications; identify and use innovative techniques to meet objectives; develop advertising and affiliate revenue
- Instructor, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Department of Language, Literature and Communication (1991-1994): Taught courses in writing and communication
- Teaching Assistant/Lecturer, University of Wisconsin--Milwaukee, Department of Computer Science (1989-1991; 2000-2003): Taught introductory courses in computer science
- Engineer, Operations Analysis, Boeing Military Airplanes, Wichita, Kansas (1985-1989): Designed and implemented computer models to analyze aircraft missions
PUBLICATIONS Published in print and online.
- December, J. (1997). The World Wide Web Unleashed 1997. (4th ed.) Indianapolis: Sams.net.
- December, J. and M. Ginsburg. (1996). HTML 3.2 & CGI Unleashed, Professional Reference Edition. Indianapolis: Sams.net.
- December, J. (1996). Units of analysis for Internet communication. Journal of Communication, 46(1). Journal of Computer-Mediated Communication, 1(4).